What Changed for the 2010 Volvo XC70:
- The 2010 Volvo XC70 is a carryover model, but receives several updates this year
- New grille with larger Volvo logo, chrome window trim and silk metal key fob
- New Partial Zero Emission Vehicle (PZEV) version of the standard 3.2-liter 6-cylinder engine is available
- XC70 T6 gets new standard equipment including redesigned 18-inch alloy wheels, leather interior, power front passenger's seat, integrated child booster seats, and classic wood inlays for the interior
- Silk matte metal finish added to new-design steering wheel when Premium package is ordered
- New Multimedia package with Dynaudio premium sound system, Sirius satellite radio and navigation system
- Technology package is available on all XC70 models for 2010, including adaptive cruise control, Collision Warning with Brake Support, Distance Alert, Driver Alert Control, and a lane-departure warning system
The Volvo XC70 is a luxury all-wheel-drive (AWD) crossover wagon built to handle rugged off-road conditions, according to its maker. It seats 5, and is available with a choice of two inline 6-cylinder engines. Now in its third generation, the XC70 competes with the Subaru Outback, Volkswagen Passat, and others.
Standard features on the 3.2 model of the 2010 Volvo XC70 include 16-inch alloy wheels, cruise control, dual-zone automatic climate control, fog lights, power accessories (including an 8-way power driver's seat), Bluetooth connectivity, and an 8-speaker sound system. An optional Premium package includes a sunroof, leather upholstery, power passenger seat, and wood trim. The XC70 T6 model adds most of the Premium features as standard (the sunroof remains optional), plus 18-inch wheels. The Climate option package addresses cold-weather issues; the Convenience package adds a power liftgate and front and rear park assist, plus storage features; the Technology package includes adaptive cruise control and extra safety features. A Multimedia package includes a navigation system, upgraded sound system, and rearview camera. Many options are available as stand-alones. Maximum cargo space is 72 cubic feet, according to Volvo.
The 2010 Volvo XC70 3.2's power plant is a 235-horsepower, 3.2-liter, inline 6-cylinder engine. In some states, that engine is partial-zero-emissions (PZEV) rated, which reduces its horsepower to 225. The XC70 T6 features a turbocharged, 281-horsepower, 3.0-liter, inline 6-cylinder engine. A 6-speed automatic transmission with manual shift control is standard on all 2010 Volvo XC70s, and all models deliver 16 mpg in the city and 22 mpg on the highway, according to EPA estimates.
Standard safety features on the 2010 Volvo XC70 include anti-lock disc brakes, hill-descent control, stability control, front side air bags, side curtain air bags, dynamic head restraints, and the City Safety automatic braking system. Optional equipment includes lane-departure warning, impact warning, driver fatigue warning, and blind-spot monitor.
Starting MSRP for the 2010 Volvo XC70 was $37,950.
Available Trims for the 2010 Volvo XC70 Wagon
|3.2 (Fleet Only)
||6 speed automatic
|| 235-hp / 3.2L 6-cyl
|T6 (Fleet Only)
||6 speed automatic
|| 281-hp / 3.0L 6-cyl
Top Rated Midsize Premium Crossover and SUVs