Enter your information and a representative will contact you for this 2012 Toyota Yaris !
What's New for 2012:
- Elimination of sedan body style
- Complete exterior redesign of liftback lengthens the 2012 Toyota Yaris by 3 inches and reduces height by 0.6 inch
- Extra sound-absorbing and insulating materials to reduce ride noise
- New 3-spoke steering wheel with thicker grip and flat-bottom shape
- Instrument cluster moved away from center of dash to traditional position
- Standard tire size increased to 15 inches
The 2012 Toyota Yaris is offered in three trims, with the entry-level L and value-oriented LE editions available either as a 3-door liftback or 5-door liftback. The sport-tuned SE is only available as a 5-door.
The longer, lower profile of the 2012 Toyota Yaris has increased cargo room, head room, and passenger volume. The 2012 version also features wider front seats than the previous model. Standard amenities include 6 cupholders, storage cover for the cargo area, and full audio connectivity.
The top two trim levels--LE and SE--also offer HD radio, 6 speakers, and Bluetooth streaming-music technology. The SE includes smoke-color trim, multi-reflector halogen headlamps, integrated fog lamps and color-keyed touches, such as underbody spoilers.
Under the Hood
All versions of the 2012 Toyota Yaris are powered by a 1.5-liter, 16-valve 4-cylinder engine rated at 106 horsepower that is mated to either a 5-speed manual transmission or a 4-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission.
EPA fuel-economy figures for the 2012 Toyota Yaris are:
- Yaris with manual transmission: 30/38/33 mpg (city/highway/combined)
- Yaris with automatic transmission: 30/35/32 mpg
Standard safety features of note on the 2012 Toyota Yaris include 9 standard air bags and a package of driving-assist features, such as traction control.
To date, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has not conducted tests on the 2012 Yaris. In tests conducted by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), the Yaris 5-door model received a "Good" rating--the Institute's highest--for front-, side-, rollover-, and rear-crash protection and a "Top Safety Pick" designation. The IIHS has not tested the 3-door liftback.
|3-Door L||5 speed manual||$14,115||106-hp / 1.5L 4-cyl||30/38|
|3-Door LE||4 speed automatic||$15,625||106-hp / 1.5L 4-cyl||30/35|
|5-Door SE||5 speed manual||$16,400||106-hp / 1.5L 4-cyl||30/38|