What Changed for the 2010 Acura ZDX:
- Acura says the 2010 ZDX is a 4-door sports coupe that delivers "dramatic styling, outstanding performance, and the latest in advanced technology"
- Panoramic glass roof, hidden rear door handles, bold fender flares key components of Acura's "segment bending" design
- 3.7-liter V-6 engine with 6-speed Sequential SportShift automatic transmission
- 300 horsepower and 270 lb.-ft. of torque
- Paddle shifters on the steering wheel
- Standard Super Handling All-Wheel Drive system (SH-AWD)
- Standard 19-inch alloy wheels
- Standard hand-stitched leather on the dashboard, door panels and center console
- Standard HandsFreeLink Bluetooth capability
- Standard power tailgate
- Standard USB and iPod stereo compatibility
- Available blind-spot information system
- Available multi-view rear camera
- Available navigation system with voice recognition
- Available AcuraLink traffic and weather reporting
- Available Acura/ELS premium audio system
- Available adaptive cruise control
- Available Collision Mitigation Braking System
- Priced between Acura MDX and Acura RL
All-new for 2010, the Acura ZDX is a five-passenger luxury crossover built on the same platform as the Acura MDX. The ZDX's body design is similar to that of the MDX, but this model is slightly longer and lighter, and has a lower towing capability. Acura calls the ZDX a "passionate getaway" car, which suggests a sporty owner demographic not unlike that of the BMW X6 and perhaps the Honda Crosstour.
The ZDX uses the same 3.7-liter V6 engine as the MDX, but features a new six-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters mounted on the steering wheel for manual control. Leather seating and a full-length glass roof are signature elements. The moonroof has two panels; the front one slides open. A center console separates the driver and front passenger seats, and the rear seats can fold down for extra cargo space.
Acura says that the ZDX is designed to produce a quiet ride. Various features muffle various road and mechanical noises and vibrations, and minimize ambient noise. The sound system's Active Noise Canceling system shuts out remaining unwanted frequencies.
Three trim levels are available: the base model, the Technology package, and the Advance package. Each trim level features an all-leather interior, 19-inch wheels, an eight-speaker audio system, and Bluetooth capability. The Technology package includes AcuraLink Satellite communications, an upgraded sound system, a high-tech navigation package, and a multi-view camera. The Advance package includes all the features in the Technology package plus a sportier suspension and steering wheel, adaptive cruise control, collision mitigation braking, ventilated seats, and blind spot information.
The ZDX employs the same 300-hp V6 engine that powers Acura's MDX and TL SH-AWD models. A six-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive are standard equipment. Automaker-estimated fuel economy is 16 mpg city and 23 mpg highway. Standard safety features include antilock disc brakes with brake assist, stability control, front-seat side airbags, full-length side curtain airbags, and active front head restraints.
The 2010 Acura ZDX was introduced with a base price of about $45,495.