J.D. Power Privacy and Cookie Notice
Share This Page
English | 简体中文 | Français | Deutsch | Português | Español | Italiano | 日本語
At J.D. Power and Associates ("JDP"), we conduct market research across a variety of industries to understand the Voice of the Customer.
JDP maintains three main websites: jdpower.com for consumers, businesses, and the media; and my.jdpower.com and businesscenter.jdpower.com for our corporate clients.
JDP conducts many different types of research. If you have completed a survey from JDP, we will use your information to help our clients better understand your needs and preferences.
The JDP privacy notice is organized to answer your questions regarding how JDP uses the information you provide us and governs the information J.D. Power and Associates ("JDP") collects from various sources, including:
- Survey respondents for market research studies that are 100% owned by JDP, which are conducted to understand consumer preferences and attitudes across an entire industry or market;
- Survey respondents when we receive your information from one of our clients as part of an ongoing customer experience tracking program;
- Information we collect as part of our Power Information Network (PIN) operations;
- Website users, including users of www.jdpower.com or users of the J.D. Power VoX Platform at http://my.jdpower.com, or the J.D. Power Business Center website at http://businesscenter.jdpower.com
USE OF THE J.D. POWER APP
WHAT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION ("PII") DOES JDP COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
- Contact information that you provide to us or that is provided to us by our clients, such as your name, title and organization, address, telephone number, fax number, or e-mail address.
- Your responses to questions that we ask you as part of our market research activities.
WHY DOES JDP COLLECT PII?
- To conduct market research into consumer preferences and attitudes around a variety of products and services.
- To conduct market research on behalf of our clients regarding consumer preferences and experiences.
- To verify consumer responses if needed to ensure the accuracy of our research.
- To process transactions and respond to inquiries.
- To maintain accounts on our client-facing websites.
- To provide clients with information about services and products offered by JDP that we believe may be of interest.
HOW DOES JDP SHARE YOUR PII?
- With our vendors to perform services on our behalf.
- In connection with research that JDP conducts on behalf of a specific client, we may share PII with our client, subject to survey respondents’ consent. In these research studies, both the JDP brand and the brand of the JDP client will appear.
- For JDP websites that serve our corporate clients, including the J.D. Power VoX Platform, J.D. Power Business Center, PIN sites, and our online delivery platforms, we may share with your employer to ensure you are authorized to use our products and services and to track your usage as part of our contractual agreement with your employer.
- Potentially in conjunction with a sale or similar transfer of a business.
- When legally compelled or for other legal purposes.
In connection with these legitimate business purposes, your PII may potentially be shared outside of the country where it was collected, anywhere in the world.
LIMIT USE OF YOUR PII FOR MARKETING AND OTHER PURPOSES/OPT-OUT:
If you are completing a J.D. Power survey or engaging in any other market research that J.D. Power conducts, J.D. Power will only use your PII as stated in this Notice, and will not share, rent or sell your PII for marketing purposes. No one will try to sell you anything based on your answers to our market research surveys or other market research activities.
If you want to limit use of your PII (including PII relating to marketing information if you happen to be a business customer) or if you wish to opt-out of receipt of any further surveys, marketing or other communications from J.D. Power, please write to us at: email@example.com, or:
30870 Russell Ranch Road, Suite 300
Westlake Village, CA 91362
J.D. Power is committed to providing you with transparency regarding the data collected by J.D. Power and control over the use of that data for interest-based advertising purposes. J.D. Power is compliant with the principles of the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can visit www.aboutads.info/principles to learn more about the program and interest-based advertising. If you would like to opt out of the placement of third party cookies, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices; if you would like to opt out of third party use of your mobile device identifier for behavioral advertising, please see www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
We have established safeguards and use reasonable security measures to protect your PII from unauthorized access and use.
JDP has a global research team to serve its global customers, and your PII may be stored in a secure location in the U.S., U.K., Germany, Singapore, Japan, China, India, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, or Thailand. Access is limited to authorized persons.
INTERNET PROTOCOL (IP) LOGS
Please note that by using this site, you consent to the use of the cookies described below.
"Strictly necessary" cookies, which have to be set to allow us to deliver the site to you and to provide specific services that you request from us. The services offered by this site that require cookies to function include:
- account log-in
- shopping basket/online store
- comments/blog features
"Performance" or "Analytics" cookies, which help us to collect information about how visitors use our site, and helps us with site analysis and improvements. Performance or analytics cookies will remain on your computer after you close your browser, but cannot be used to identify you personally.
"Functionality" cookies, which allow our site to remember your choices or preferences, such as information on online forms or previous orders. These cookies allow us to offer you a personalized experience while using the site. They are not used to track your browsing activity on other Web sites.
You can change your Web browser's Internet preferences to disable or delete cookies, although that may affect certain functions on this site. To learn how to manage your cookies, please follow the instructions from your specific browser, or follow the links below:
If you are visiting this site using a mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet, please refer to the manufacturer's instructions on how to manage cookies.
Some companies disclose when they are using interest-based advertising programs on J.D. Power websites and give you the ability to opt-out of this use of your information. This is sometimes indicated by this icon displayed in or around third-party advertisements that use interest-based advertising programs. Clicking on this icon will provide additional information about the companies and data practices that were used to deliver the ad. You can opt out of delivery of targeted advertising to you by multiple companies by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices. Please note that even if you opt out, you will continue to receive advertisements, but they will not be tailored to your specific interests.
J.D. Power collects anonymous online activity across multiple websites and ad campaigns. We also work with third-party service providers to collect information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visit to this and other websites, mobile websites and/or mobile applications, across your various devices. This data is used for cross device measurement and reporting on the effectiveness of websites and online advertising campaigns. The data is not used for delivering interest based ads.
J.D. Power has a proprietary and patented method for linking together anonymous online activity to offline purchase activity. This data is received and processed in a way that ensures that the online browser data and offline purchase data is not tied together until it has been de-identified (anonymized).
Users can choose to opt out of multi-site data collection by J.D. Power. To opt out, click here.
Until "Do Not Track" protocol has been finalized, this site's information collection and disclosure practices, and the choices that it provides to consumers, will continue to operate as described in this Privacy and Cookie Notice, whether or not a Do Not Track signal is received.
QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS
To review and confirm the accuracy of your PII, or to contact us with concerns or questions, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Privacy Official, J.D. Power, 30870 Russell Ranch Road, Suite 300, Westlake Village, CA 91362 USA.
This notice is effective as of September 2016. Future revisions to this Privacy and Cookie Notice will be posted at this location.