Silverado and Sierra 6.2L V-8 Engine Horsepower, Torque, and Tow Ratings Announced
By: Jeff Youngs, 9/11/2013
The 6.2-liter V-8 is the top engine offering for the Silverado 1500 LTZ and High Country trim levels, and for the Sierra 1500 SLT and Denali trim levels. When properly configured and equipped with the optional Max Towing package, this engine can tow up to 12,000 pounds. That's 500 more pounds than the 5.3-liter V-8 engine that comes standard in these versions of the Sierra and Silverado.
Final fuel-economy estimates have not been established for the 6.2-liter V-8 engine. It is, however, equipped with direct fuel injection, continuously variable valve timing, and Active Fuel Management technology, which shuts down half of the engine's cylinders under low-load driving conditions to better conserve fuel.
The new 6.2-liter V-8 engine option will be available in the fall of 2013.
- 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Preview
- Chevrolet Car & Truck Quality, Dependability & Performance Ratings
- 2014 Chevrolet Trucks, SUVs & Vans Buyer's Guide
- 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Preview
- GMC Truck & SUV Quality, Dependability & Performance Ratings
- 2013 GMC Buyer's Guide