New Corvette Named as Indy 500 Pace Car, No Modifications Necessary
"It is an honor to help inaugurate the all-new Corvette Stingray at the hallowed Brickyard and further the legacy between Chevrolet and the Indianapolis 500," said Jim Campbell, GM vice president of Performance Vehicles and Motorsports. Chevrolet returned to the Indy 500 as an engine supplier in 2012.
The 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray Indy 500 pace car is painted Laguna Blue Tintcoat, with official Indianapolis 500 graphics on the doors, and is equipped with the Z51 package. Given the production paint color and the pace car's stock status, it is unlikely that Chevrolet will produce a limited run of replicas as it has in the past, unless it decides to offer the Indy 500 decals as a limited option.
- 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Preview
- 2013 Chevrolet Corvette Summary, Photos & Specs
- 2012 Chevrolet Corvette Quality Ratings
- Chevrolet Car & Truck Quality Ratings
- 2013 Chevrolet Cars Buyer's Guide