2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Pricing Drops, Remains Appropriately Out of Reach
By: Jeff Youngs, 9/10/2013
Not only is the redesigned S-Class less expensive than before, it is also more powerful, and includes new standard features such as a reversing camera, Keyless Start ignition system, panoramic sunroof, Magic Vision Control technology, and full LED lighting inside and out. Options include heated armrests and seat massagers based on the hot stone principle, a Burmeister premium audio system, Air Balance package with ionized air purification and perfume atomizers, upgraded rear-seat packages, Magic Body Control suspension system, and more.
Several autonomous driving aids debut on the 2014 S-Class, including Steering Assist for the Distronic Plus adaptive radar cruise control system, Pre-Safe Brake that automatically applies the brakes at speeds under 31 mph, Cross-Traffic Assist braking to avoid collisions at intersections, and both Active Lane Keeping Assist and Active Blind Spot Protection systems.
Mercedes says the 2014 S-Class lineup will expand with new powertrain and body style variants as the year progresses.
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Preview
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Overview
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Photos
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Specs
- 2013 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Quality & Performance Ratings
- Mercedes-Benz Car & Truck Quality, Dependability & Performance Ratings
- 2013 Mercedes-Benz Buyer's Guide