2014 Mercedes M-Class Named "Top Safety Pick +" by IIHS
By: Jeff Youngs, 10/9/2013
The IIHS notes in its crash-test report that Mercedes reinforced the M-Class model's door sills to improve protection in such small overlap crashes. The changes are effective with production starting September 1, 2013.
Within the Mercedes-Benz lineup, the M-Class is the third-best-selling model behind the C-Class and the E-Class. Last redesigned for the 2012 model year, the M-Class lineup includes the ML350 with a V-6 engine, ML350 BlueTec with a turbo-diesel engine, ML550 with a V-8 engine, and the ML63 AMG, a high-powered performance model. All are designed to seat a maximum of 5 passengers, and prices start at $47,790.
The IIHS notes that the M-Class is the first Mercedes model to earn a "Top Safety Pick +" award. To date, the only other midsize luxury SUV to achieve this top rating is the Volvo XC60.
- 2013 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Quality & Performance Ratings
- 2013 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Overview
- 2013 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Photos
- 2013 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Specs
- Mercedes-Benz Car & Truck Quality, Dependability & Performance Ratings
- 2013 Mercedes-Benz Buyer's Guide